Your privacy rights
Why does Techemynt collect personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations including in relation to Anti Money Laundering and tax disclosures and to assist with the administration of the Techemynt stable coin business including communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of products and services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development. .
Who does Techemynt collect personal information about?
We collect and hold personal information about:
- our customers and suppliers;
- individuals who enquire through our Site; and
- other people who come into contact with Techemynt.
What kinds of personal information does Techemynt collect?
In general, and depending upon the nature of the person’s connection with Techemynt, the type of personal information we collect, and hold includes (but is not limited to):
- name, birth date, contact details (including phone number, address, and email address), photo ID, payment information and tax details;
- other documents relating to our Anti Money Laundering obligations including proof of address and passport details.
Except as otherwise permitted by law, we will collect personal information from you directly when you provide your details to us, or from you indirectly (for example, through parties that you refer us to).
We may also collect information about you from third parties, for example, from service providers that help us to verify your identity or make or receive payments from you. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to do business with you and perform the services set out below.
How might Techemynt collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- to create and update your account with us, verify your identity, approve payments and transactions, and resolve operational problems;
- to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our services;
- to detect, prevent, and protect against fraud and to comply with the law;
- to communicate with you to, (for example for customer support);
- to engage contractors to perform services on our behalf; and
- to comply with any legal obligations.
To whom might Techemynt disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers, subsidiaries, and business partners, such as:
- third parties that help us to carry out and perform our services (for example, to verify your identity, complete credit checks, or complete payments);
- our service providers who assist us in carrying out certain functions on our behalf;
- cloud storage providers;
- our consultants, lawyers, accountants, insurers, and professional advisors; and
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
Some of these service providers, subsidiaries and business partners are located outside of New Zealand and may not be subject to New Zealand privacy laws. However, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that those organisations are required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the Privacy Act.
Security of information
The personal information we collect is generally stored in New Zealand. Techemynt takes reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
Where we no longer require your personal information, we will comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and/or destruction of that information.
Links to other sites
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to promptly contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Our contact details are set out below.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. You also have the right to correct any personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you have any questions about privacy related issues or wish to complain about the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer on [email protected]. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it is made, usually within 20 working days.
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at:
Email: [email protected]
Address details of Techemynt
The address of Techemynt, as the agency collecting and holding your personal information, is:
15 Sale Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at www.techemynt.com/privacy-policy and can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer on [email protected].
Last updated: February 2021